Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bayesian not working in beta release 206.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dan B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bayesian not working in beta release 206.
    Posted: 01 December 2003 at 11:40pm

Roberto,

We have been running the beta release for a few days now and the corpus.ini is Spam=95644  and Good=28962  We are using the database quarantine and there is no quarantine messages triggered by the Bayesian filter.  The db.dat is about 11MB and I've been watching the actie logs and have not seen any messages triggered with the spam of 0%  The Bayesian filter setting is set for 96%

Thanks,
Dan B

ASB View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2003 at 4:00am

I had a similar problem with Build 256, and it hasn't changed in Build 263.

My database is smaller than yours, however.  More on the order of 2-3MB

dcook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2003 at 7:47am

Hello Dan,

I took the BF threshold to 75% and it catches a few,  I added the BF filter to my stats page and here are my results:

[Messages]
Spam=36627
Good=18224

Quarintine
Current messages held= 23367
Stastical Filter Match= 483

As you can see the percentage caught by the BF filter is small - most is caught by keywords and MAPS blacklists.

Dwight C.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2003 at 9:49am

Dwight,

The statistical matching consumes system resources to complete, so to optimize performance, SpamFilter performs all other checks before the Bayesian analysis. If none of the existing filters trigger a match, only then the statistical Bayesian check is performed. For this reason, most email will be rejected before SpamFilter even has a chance to apply the Bayesian filter to it.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

ASB View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2003 at 12:00am

I lowered mine to 85% and it still hasn't caught anything.

I even tested it by having SpamFilter forward mail to another Bayesian Spam Filter app and the second one is catching files than SpamFilter ISP is letting pass through...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic