Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Norman antivirus plugin not updating
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Norman antivirus plugin not updating

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lyndonje View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 31 January 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 192
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norman antivirus plugin not updating
    Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:26pm
Hi,

We have been getting entries in the activity log as below for each anti virus component, this occurs when trying to download the latest upates automaticall y and manually.

12/22/10 17:17:55:087 -- (1600) Error AV engine on 1st attempt occurred while downloading AV NCL.dll : Read Timeout
12/22/10 17:17:55:087 -- (1600) AV engine - will retry due to file size mismatch on: NCL.dll
12/22/10 17:18:00:899 -- (1600) Error occurred - AV engine - while downloading AV NCL.dll : Read Timeout

So far we have un-installed then re-installed the plugin, but that has not helped.

hope someone can help

Many thanks
Back to Top
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 25 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3932
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 7:37pm
lyndonje,

Could you please let us know what build of SpamFilter you are using? With v4.2.4.836 we made some slight changes in the SSL configuration used while downloading the AV updates that should help reduce those timeouts.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Back to Top
lyndonje View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 31 January 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 192
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:47am
Hi Roberto,

We were using 4.1.2.812. 

After your response I have since updated to 4.2.4.834 and the anti virus issue is now resolved, however when starting the service we noticed errors in the activity log:

12/23/10 11:31:19:016 -- ===========Executing:============

12/23/10 11:31:19:016 -- if exists (select * from sysobjects where name = 'trwl_authorizedtoemails_au' and type = 'tr') drop trigger[trwl_authorizedtoemails_au]; --

12/23/10 11:31:19:156 -- ******* Error:Cannot drop the trigger 'trwl_authorizedtoemails_au', because it does not exist or you do not have permission

12/23/10 11:31:19:156 -- ===========Executing:============

12/23/10 11:31:19:156 --  -- create trigger [dbo].[trwl_authorizedtoemails_au] -- on [dbo].[tblwl_authorizedtoemails] -- after update as --  insert into tblreloadtableinfo (domainid, updatetable, tablename) select del.domainid, 1, 'tblwl_authorizedtoemails' from deleted del --    where not exists (select * from tblreloadtableinfo r where (r.domainid = del.domainid) and (r.tablename = 'tblwl_authorizedtoemails')) --  insert into tblreloadtableinfo (domainid, updatetable, tablename) select s.domainid, 1, 'tblwl_authorizedtoemails' from tbl_localdomains d inner join tbl_filtersettings s --  on d.id = s.domainid where (d.usedefaults=0) and (s.wl_authorizedtoemailsusedefaults = 1) --   declare @tmp_id int --   select top 1 @tmp_id = s.domainid from tbl_localdomains d inner join tbl_filtersettings s on d.id = s.domainid where (d.usedefaults=0) and (s.wl_authorizedtoemailsusedefaults = 1) --   if (@tmp_id <> null) and not exists (select * from tblreloadtableinfo r where (r.domainid = @tmp_id) and (r.tablename = 'tblwl_authorizedtoemails')) -- insert into tblreloadtableinfo (domainid, updatetable, tablename) values (@tmp_id, 1, 'tblwl_authorizedtoemails') --

12/23/10 11:31:19:172 -- ******* Error:Invalid column name 'wl_authorizedtoemailsusedefaults'





The log continues with multiple errors of a similar nature. Is this anything to be worried about?

Many thanks
Back to Top
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 25 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3932
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 8:42pm
If that error only appears a handful of times when you first started SpamFilter after the upgrade, that is normal. If a SpamFilter update is installed, and that update requires upgrades to be applied to the database, they are automatically applied during that initial startup. Some of these upgrades are cumulative, and re-apply database upgrades that were performed by previous updates, which could result in (harmless) errors.

If however the error is occurring persistently, that is not normal. If this is the case, could you please try to:
  • stop SpamFilter
  • then find and remove the line starting with “DBPatchesApplied=” in the SpamFilter.ini file
  • and then restart SpamFilter. 

If the issue persists, please zip and email us a few hours' worth of SpamFilter's activity logfile so we can take a better look.



Edited by LogSat - 23 December 2010 at 9:09pm
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.348 seconds.

Spam Filter ISP - Copyright © 2002-2013 LogSat Software LLC - PO BOX 916340 Longwood, FL 32791 USA

 Sales: sales@LogSat.com - Support: support@LogSat.com - Tel. (sales only): +1 407-650-3008