Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problems with Spamfilter using 100% cpu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with Spamfilter using 100% cpu

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roaridse View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 February 2009
Location: Norway
Status: Offline
Points: 14
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roaridse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with Spamfilter using 100% cpu
    Posted: 26 March 2010 at 5:13am
Hi,
 
This is an issue which I have asked about before, but the last couple of months Spamfilter has been totally stable. 3 days ago things just went crazy. Now I have to restart spamfilter 10-15 times every day to get the mail going. It doesn't seem to be any kind of DoS attack either.
 
Memory-usage seems to be low, and I have tried deleting the Bayesian Corpus, and all the spam-quarantine without help.
 
I have also upgraded to 4.1.3.822 - no difference.
 
Any suggestions?
 
Last time this happened, I started to make an Authorized-TO file which will update from Active Directory plus an QmailLDAP-server, with approx 300 domains and 4000 addresses. The theory was to ease the CPU-load on the spamfilter but I stopped the project when I tested this file on ALL DOMAINS, and every mail were dropped as not authorized.... Should I do a new attempt here to ease the load on the server?
 
 
 
Back to Top
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 25 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4068
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 12:53am
roarisde,

Could you please zip and email us SpamFilter's activity logfile for a day this happened to support at logsat.com so we can see what is happening?
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Back to Top
jmlalley3 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 June 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmlalley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 7:16pm
We had a similar problem. Roberto suggested the following which we implemented.
1. Disable Bayesian Filtering by moving slider to 100. This reduced load by 30%

2. His examination of our log file suggested corruption of the corpus. His solution was to stop the service, rename or delete the folder called corpus and restart the service. We are now at about 33% CPU with 100 inbound connections.


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.070 seconds.