Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 - Detected spam signature in attached PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 - Detected spam signature in attached PDF
    Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:56pm
There are a couple of PDF-related settings to deal with images within PDF files. You may want to try to lower these two settings in the SpamFilter.ini file to the following values:

;Specify the max number of pages a PDF document must contain in order to be scanned for spam signatures. The scan will be skipped altogether if there are more than this number of pages. Set this to 0 to disable scanning of PDF files for spam images
SpamPDFMaxPagesToScan=1

;Specify the max number height in pixel of a PDF pages that will be scanned for spam signatures. To reduce false positives, pages taller than this will not be scanned
SpamPDFMaxPixelHeight=500

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
AndrewD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 11:26pm
i have just started using spamfilter and this morning i have had multiple emails quarantined with the following "20 - Detected spam signature in attached PDF" every message with this has been a false positive.

Is there a way to adjust what attachments are scanned, or failing that tourn off the scanning of attachements.

currently i am whitelisting the senders with *@domain.com

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic