Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *URGENT* - Problems receiving email since upgrade to 2.0.1.357 and 2.0
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*URGENT* - Problems receiving email since upgrade to 2.0.1.357 and 2.0

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Damon Coursey View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon Coursey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *URGENT* - Problems receiving email since upgrade to 2.0.1.357 and 2.0
    Posted: 19 July 2004 at 5:10pm

Hi,

  I'm hoping someone can help me fairly urgently.  Yesterday morning I upgraded from v2.0.1.347 which we had been using for several months with no issue to v2.0.1.357.  Everything seemed to be going just fine, then I got a call from a user in the afternoon saying they had not received some external email that they had been expecting.  I checked the logs and could see several attempts at this email being sent - each time the remote end would connect, mail would be accepted for the recipient, then about 1 minute later the remote end would disconnect, this just keeps happening (from what I can see so far it appears to only be this particular client - however it is a major bank - which is a concern!).

  Then in the afternoon I saw that v2.0.1.367 had just been released, so I upgraded to that, the same problem appears to still be occuring (I added the domain of the sender to the domain whitelist, but this has made no difference).

  Is there a way I can get more detailed logging to see what is happening?  Does anybody know what may be causing this - should I roll back to v2.0.1.347 (and can I safely do this or will this cause issues with my configuration files?)

Regards,

Damon

Back to Top
Desperado View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 7:01pm

It may be best if LogSat support looks at this one however, it should be no problem to "roll back" but there is one setting in the ini files that you should try ... since it seems to be isilated to one server connection:

ReadTimeout=120  or longer (seconds)  The default is about 1 minute ... this time you seem to be disconnection.  Try this and restart the service and get back to the forum with the results.

Regards,

Dan S.

Back to Top
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 25 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4065
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:56pm

Damon,

I reponded to your private email address with the following:

 
We've just run a test against your SpamFilter install, and everything worked as expected. SpamFilter accepted the email that ended with the <cr><lf>.<cr><lf> sequence, as you correctly stated. Following is the telnet trace:
 
  >>220  Welcome to SpamFilter for ISP SMTP Server v2.1.1.367

  <<EHLO xyz

  >>250-8BITMIME

  >>250 HELP

  <<RSET

  >>250 Ok

  <<MAIL FROM:<roberto2@logsat.com>

  >>250  Address Okay

  <<RCPT TO:<test@yourdomain.com>

  >>250 test@yourdomain.com Address Okay

  <<DATA

  >>354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>

  <<From: roberto2@logsat.com

  <<To: test@yourdomain.com

  <<Subject: Test from LogSat Software

  <<Content-Type: plain/text;charset="ISO-8859-1";

  <<X-Priority: 3

  <<

  <<test body email

  <<.

  >>250 Ok

&nbs

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.