Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Size restriction does not seem to work.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Benny View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Size restriction does not seem to work.
    Posted: 21 June 2004 at 2:11pm

I am testing v. 2.0.1.302. It seems like the email size restriction does not work. I tried to email from Yahoo a 9 MB file to my the spam filter, but I have not got the email, nor do I get a NDR. My size restriction is 7 MB max.

What's going to happen if I delete everything in 'customized items'? Does that mean the Spamfilter is still going to do its work, but not generating a NDR?

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2004 at 10:31pm

Benny,

If you delete the "customized items" SpamFilter will not have an error code to provide the sender when emails are rejected. This will produce unpredictable results, as some filters will not be able to reject emails, others, like the Max Size, may reject it but if there is no error code the sender will not be aware of any errors.

If you have all customized items properly configured, the sender (Yahoo in this case) should have "seen" the error and notified the Yahoo user about the non delivery problems. It is possible that Yahoo will retry to redeliver the email for some time, and only after their retry interval expires will they notify the sender of the error.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic