Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Possible Issue with Unfiltered Emails??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RBarrow View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible Issue with Unfiltered Emails??
    Posted: 30 June 2003 at 11:54am

I have a user which attempts to send Excel sheets into one of our filtered domains.  Occassionally, the keyword filter triggers on something in the attachment (false trigger - I've checked) which forces the mail to the quarantine as it should. This causes a delay in the actual receipt of the mail because it has to be manually forwarded.

To resolve the problem, I have added the user's email address to the unfiltered email list....eg. xyz@aol.com....  The user has their email address set to XYZ@aol.com which is not normally a problem since most things are case insensitive...

however... SpamFilter still filters the email and quarantines the message...

The only thing I can figure is a case-sensitive search or something similar.  I have tried keying the address with the uppercase letters but it reverts to all lower when read back into the program...

HELP!!

Thanks,

Roy

RBarrow View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2003 at 12:03pm
Disregard... found the problem...
Derk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 11:08am
I'm having this problem also.  What is the resolution?  Thanks.
Derk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 12:26pm

hello?  does anybody have any ideas at all?

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 3:56pm
Derk,

Yesterday by email we asked for a copy of yesterday's logfile (the one you emailed us was for the 25th) and were waiting for it to perform additional troubleshooting. However this was for the "Read timeout" problem you reported.

If you are referring here to the same problem RBarrow reported on this thread, we'll need more info, especially logfile entries that show the traffic, to be able to help.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Derk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 6:30pm

I just resent the logs.  It included all of 4/25 again and the first half of 4/26.

Derk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 7:23pm

here is my follow-up to the unfiltered/forcedallow list question:

---

here is how I duplicate the situation.

First I create an e-mail profile with my from address being "derk@somedomain.com".  Then I send a message to myself, containing content that was quarantined from a previous spammer, at another address routed through the spam filter.

the message will be quarantined as expected.

If I send the message through and the e-mail address is added to the ForcedAllow list everything is fine.  I can send the exact same message and it goes through as expected.

If I change my e-mail profile and make my from address  "DERK@somedomain.com", send the same message, it gets quarantined.

How can this be corrected?

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 11:18pm
Derk,

We were not able to duplicate the problem. The "AutoWhiteListForceDelivery" list should not be case-sensitive (unless using RegEx - which does not occur when entries are created by forced-delivery of emails using the website). In all our tests using the latest build available, 2.5.1.448, the case of the sender did not change the fact that they were being whitelisted.

Can you please zip and email us all your blacklist/whitelist textfiles, along with the SpamFilter.ini file, a copy of SpamFilter's activity log for a day when this happened, and the from and to email addresses involved so we can see what is happening?

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic