Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Error occurred while checking for new build
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error occurred while checking for new build

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robert Shelton View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error occurred while checking for new build
    Posted: 25 June 2003 at 8:42pm

I've installed SpamFilter as a service. When I start the service, I see the message "Error occurred while checking for new build" in the log. Additionally I see "Unable to contact server" where I would ordinarily see the "latest version". I'm running 167 (just installed this afternoon) on w2K with current packs/updates. As I don't find any references to either message when searching the forum, I assume it's something wrong with or unusual about my config/environment. Ideas?

Robert

Back to Top
Desperado View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2003 at 9:31pm

Obvious question ... is there a DNS server set in the GUI or Spamfint ini file?

Dan

 

Back to Top
Robert View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2003 at 10:04pm

Yes, both as a service and as a non-service.

When I reported the problem, I had 167 running as a non-service. I created the service. then I went over to the Computer Management / Services dialogue to see if, indeed, I needed to start the service (as the button suggested). I did, so I started the service from that dialogue, not from the GUI. The symptoms described came from the gui during that instance.

Subsequently I removed the service and restarted as a non-service. All worked fine again.

In order to test and answer your question fully, I again clicked on the create service button. After the service was installed, I clicked the start service button in the gui. The error message did NOT occur, and the correct "latest version" information DOES appear.

The problem seems to be related to the way in which I started the service.

As it is running correctly now, I'll leave it as a service.

Robert

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.